- This a quick asFEATURES /FUNCTIONS
- This a quick assembly affordable housing model that addresses the Nigerian housing needs as well as having the potentials to respond to emergency needs for temporary housing provision.
- Made from predominantly locally sourced materials which makes it readily available and sustainable
- Saves construction time as no cement mortar is required for placing blocks
- Costs savings up to 15-30% as compared to conventional building materials and techniques
- Aesthetically appealing and climate/weather adaptive
- Dismantleable and moveable to desired location
- Easy to assemble and available from 1 bedroom to 3 bedrooms
- Substructure: structural steel base/foundation prefabricated off site using Universal Beam Section (UBS) supports the superstructure on a prepared and leveled ground.
- Superstructure: comprise of frame (columns & beams), walling, doors and windows, ceiling & floor finish
- Frame: these are the columns and frames made from metal sheets formed into U sections that receive the blocks in the groves and tie the entire structure together.
- Walling: the walls are interlocking Cement Stabilized Earth Blocks (CSEB) made from laterite stabilized with 5-10% cement and compressed in a machine.
iii. Windows & Doors: the windows and frames are pre-fabricated with steel plates and placed at specified openings in the walls as the block work is ongoing. Doors are hinged to steel frames installed during block work.
- Finish: the building floors and ceilings are finished with Laminated Bamboo Panels (LBP) made from recycled bamboo sourced locally. The walls may be cladded using the LBP or using in partitioning non-load bearing walls.
- Roof Structure: the roof structure is made from light weight steel prefabricated an assembled on site to receive roof covering.
- Not restricted to only residential buildings; can also be applied to shops, hospitals, schools, warehouses etc.
- Curing time of blocks is 21 days
- Assembly time for building is 3-7days
- Blocks can be produced on-site if availability of laterite in location is sufficient.
- Component materials include laterite, cement, steel, bamboo
ONE BEDROOM PICTURE
- 3 BEDROOM UNIT FRAME, STACKING OF BLOCKS, ROOFING AND BAMBOO LAYING PICTURES